Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Question

User
    Thanks

Default Emergency Question

Hai Friend, (Tiger),

I tried to sent an private message to Spamgirl, But in her profile it was shown that Email was hidden. I don;t know how to contact her. Did you know how to contact her.

User
    Thanks

You need to click on "Private Message" and this will take you to a form. Type in "spamgirl" as the recipient and send your message. All forums usually have the same method.

I don't know how much she can help because if MTurk says you have violated some TOS, then it can get difficult. If you can write articles there are many sites where you can find work. The easiest is reviewstream.com you get $2.5 for writing reviews.

User
    Thanks

Hai Sonica,
    Thank you for your reply. I searched for the private message option but haven't found. when i tried to register in the site it says you are denied by our staff member. I don't know the reason If you are a member then please help me. If this is an unnecessary request please forgive me. I didn't know article writing. Thanks again for your reply.

User
    Thanks

Nisha, here is spamgirl's profile of THIS forum:

http://www.mturkforum.com/member.php?u=474

click on Contact Info and then on Send a private message to spamgirl

It will open another page. Type your request in the box and send it off. Hopefully she checks here regularly. She has helped people in the past.

Nisha, you can simply click the Reply button below the last post on the bottom left, you don't have to open a new thread every time.

User
    Thanks

Dear Friends( Tiger and Sonica),

Thank you very much for the kind reply from both of you. I will do what you said.

User
    Thanks

Nisha ... both forums have had trouble with spammers posting all kind of crap. Maybe, that's why you're having trouble registering at the other forum.

You can check out work at shorttask .... I think it is something similar to MTurk. I don't know for sure, though.
    Do as Tiger has suggested, spamgirl will help you. Go through a thread regarding TOS here. It will give you some idea about what kind of HITs should be avoided.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonica View Post
    Go through a thread regarding TOS here. It will give you some idea about what kind of HITs should be avoided.
    Sonica, I was looking for this thread but couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

User
    Thanks

Hi Tiger,

I searched but couldn't find it .... seems like I was mistaken, it must be a reply to some thread here. I remember it was posted by Ergo.
    You can check this thread, it isn't the same, but it sheds some light on what to avoid:
    http://www.mturkforum.com/showthread.php?t=463

User
    Thanks

Thank you Sonica, that is interesting.

I wonder why they can't lay out the violations for workers in as much detail? Or is it somewhere written where I haven't looked yet? I have read the participation agreement and apart from "don't use bots or scripts" it doesn't tell me much about what I'm allowed to do and what not. I have been reading here and in the other forum of workers who's account was suspended, apparently for violating the TOS, but they all have no clue what they did to be punished so harshly, just like Nisha here. And MTurk isn't telling them either. It's just a very weird and rude way of dealing with people, not at all fitting for a 21st century business, and it leaves many workers tense and wondering whether they do everything right according to their mysterious terms, or not.

User
    Thanks

I don't remember all items posted under the 'not to do' list. But some of which I recall are:

1. No twitter hits - follow on twitter
    2. No social bookmarking ones which ask to digg or stumble ...
    3. No hits which require you to vote or register at sites
    4. No click-through .... increasing traffic to a site from Mturk
    5. No captcha hits

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast