Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To Scripts for Newbies

Thanks

Are there any step by step instructions on how to use scripts anywhere ? I am no dummy when it comes to computers but no tech genuis either - I'm not sure about these scripts etc ... I desperately want to do well at this and I know I can but it will just take some time. I'm using Chrome and have installed Chrome Reload this morning. I tried it out on some Tagasauris hits. Probabaly not the best choice since every time I hit submit it told me that "something went wrong" so I had to go back and fo them over. Even so, I simply have no idea what I am doing and just wondered if there is any documentation as to exactly how these scripts ( specifically the auto accept ) work. I also installed Page Monitor - think I may be able to handle that one

User
    Thanks

I can't find the crowdsource highlighter script it seems to have disappeared.

Thanks

Just found it today myself. http://pastebin.com/zGPcjYL4 This works for me in Chrome I don't knoe if FF is the same script. I think I heard someone say it might get rejections because crowdsource says the HIT is blank. I have no first hand knowledge on way or the other. I'm new (still under 500) but starting to get the hang of it.

Thanks

I found the script for Highlight Unhighlightable Text (CrowdSource) here. http://pastebin.com/zGPcjYL4 This work for Chrome have no idea if the FF is the same.
    Last edited by optifrog; 07-06-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: noob mistake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monica View Post
    Hit Scraper Tutorials

Hit scraper is a useful userscript that can be used to assist workers in finding hits.
    Thank you for this tutorial. It helps to see how to modify the colors and settings. Initially I was off-put by the color scheme but now I can change it so my eyes can see it better. Thank you!
    I'm just a wannabe science geek Turking to pay the bills....

6. Thanks: (1)
    User
    Thanks

Just wanted to add my thanks! I had been going repeatedly to userscripts.org which was always down. Got a couple of the scripts in your first post, Monica, from pastebin, and they are working great, in FF 31 on a Mac.

Thanks

can the block requester script only block a certain # of requesters ? it seem to not want to block anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maladee View Post
    can the block requester script only block a certain # of requesters ? it seem to not want to block anymore.
    I uninstalled the block requestors/block hits scripts and now I can't even reinstall them. The site appears to be down. Anybody know anything about this?
    I feel I am able to do things as well as most other people....

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinkturker View Post
    Someone talked about a script that tells us if we looked at a requester or hit before. Can you direct me to that script? Thanks!
    I've been searching for this script too.. I added the script for HIT DataBase in Tamper monkey, comes up my fancy new user script.. Seems I already had it, and added it again. Maybe I'm not looking in the right area to see if I did a paticular hit or looked at it.. I got the graph of earnings script, and the scoring of requesters.

User
    Thanks

Is there a time frame for the auto-accept trap tutorial? I really enjoyed the one for Hit Scraper.

Also could use one for the script that notifies you when HITs are in for a certain requester.
    Last edited by balazon2000; 08-03-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast