Exclusive Assignment Offered By Mturk Forum: $20 Reward - Email mturkcowfin@gmail.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ClariTrans- Good or Bad requester. We shall see.

Thanks

The biggest secret um, that I, that I've found to, to working ClariTrans HITs is that you have to y'know, um, uh, transcribe every little y'know, every little verbal stumble and, and hesitation.

I had to transcribe one guy who was really machine-gunning out his words. I calculated after I finished the transcription and he was speaking at 240 words per minute.
    Last edited by chuck_h; 07-25-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Uh should always be followed with a comma.

Thanks

lmao. Was fun eh? Have you received any undue rejects from that requester?

User
    Thanks

I use to do Claritrans often but haven't done any in a while, just too busy. Maybe they have new reviewers because they use to be a good requester to work with, and yes, you must transcribe every single word. As far as their rating system goes, it use to be:
    5 = work was not rated
    4 = excellent work
    3 = good work - could improve
    2 = poor work - no payout
    1 = really poor work - no payout

Thanks

UPDATE!!
    Here is the email I received from them today...

Robert, I will need to look into it as we have not done this before.

James

Definitely a email on the positive side of things I hope. I hope this company turns out to be fair so I can enjoy doing their work once again =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchTurkin View Post
    lmao. Was fun eh? Have you received any undue rejects from that requester?
    I've not yet received a rejection. I think it's because, being new to the whole transcribing game*, I'm concentrating more on accuracy than speed, so I spend probably a lot more time than I should making sure I've gotten that last little "um" or "uh" before I click that Submit button.

*And having badly dropped the ball on my efforts for CastingWords.

Thanks

That is very smart on your part. I do tend to hurry most of the time while not trying to sacrificing quality. This does however unfortunately cause me to miss small things once in awhile. The main thing I find frustrating is trying to decipher certain words. I might listen to a snippet 30 times, trying to decipher a word, just to have an editor come along and decide it sounded like something else. I find this is usually the main reason of editors marking things wrong, especially with longer transcripts with bad audio. I always try to choose words that make sense and have the closest resemblance to what the speaker is saying. Unfortunately what I think I am hearing and what someone else thinks they are hearing turns out to be different sometimes to my disappointment.

User
    Thanks

I have been doing Claritrans HITs for several months now. The upside is that they are mostly easy, they pay well and they pay out rapidly. The downside has been described in other posts above. I have had some HITs rejected recently. This hurt, probably more my ego than anything else as the overwhelming majority of the HITs I do for Claritrans are graded 4 or with the mysterious Thanks.

My feeling is that the rejections were undeserved and, why not say it, arbitrary. One reason stated was that I had not transcribed every single spoken word, whereas the guidelines clearly permit the use of iii for intelligible. I wrote to James about this and his response was less than reassuring. He claimed that he was unable to retrieve either my HIT or the review. Translated, I understood this to mean that the quality control Claritrans exercises at the corporate level is less than complete.

Thanks

I won't do ClariTrans, I get rejections from them when I am confident my work was good. Yes, everyone can makes errors, even me however they will not be rejection standard, I am certain of that.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by interneteditor View Post
    I won't do ClariTrans, I get rejections from them when I am confident my work was good. Yes, everyone can makes errors, even me however they will not be rejection standard, I am certain of that.

Hi interneteditor,
    you once said that you transcribe speechink verbatim hits. How many verbatim hits are you able to complete in an hour and how many hours do you work for them. Do you find their hits difficult and what is your average rating?

I'm asking all these questions because even I transcribe for Speechink and want to know how everybody else is doing on their hits?
    Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks

Interneteditor, do you by any chance go with the id- neteditor while transcribing Speechink verbatim hits because I have seen somebody with this id neteditor who has completed a hell lot of speechink hits.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast