Want to earn a quick $5? Send me a PM - Cowfin
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: Why Mturk doesn't approve new workers?

  1. #31
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    thanks for your reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
    no, not as far as i know

    just keep your work standards (and approval rating) high, work for reliable requesters, don't get blocks.

  2. #32
    User abrahamrohithroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kerala, India
    Posts
    886
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 191 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, it is confirmed. My brother tried to register with Mturk last week through different internet connection, therefore different IP address than the one I am using. All he got was a mail stating:
    "Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

    We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker
    Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to
    work on Mechanical Turk. Thank you for your interest in Mechanical
    Turk.

    Sincerely,
    Amazon Mechanical Turk
    https://www.mturk.com
    410 Terry Avenue North
    SEATTLE, WA 98109-5210 USA"

    It is confirmed that they have stopped accepting Indian workers.

  3. #33
    User Munawar Mohamad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 93 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrahamrohithroy View Post
    It is confirmed that they have stopped accepting Indian workers.

    What do u thnk cud probably be the reason for this ? Multiple account usage from same IP adress or they are just done with hiring the new ones ?

  4. #34
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 92 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munawar Mohamad View Post
    What do u thnk cud probably be the reason for this ? Multiple account usage from same IP adress or they are just done with hiring the new ones ?
    I'm going to be vilified here but perhaps they are trying to artificially raise the prices of HITS.

  5. #35
    User Munawar Mohamad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 93 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I'm going to be vilified here but perhaps they are trying to artificially raise the prices of HITS.
    To raise the prices of HITs ? So why would they stop new ones entering into this ? May they wanna limit their workforce from India or any other non-US nation ?!?

  6. #36
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 92 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munawar Mohamad View Post
    To raise the prices of HITs ? So why would they stop new ones entering into this ? May they wanna limit their workforce from India or any other non-US nation ?!?
    Because(I'm generalizing here no offense to anyone) non US-workers will typically do the cheap hits that US workers won't do because of low pay. By severely limiting the non american Turker population, They are hoping to see a drop of these workers (As they stop, get banned for what ever reason etc etc) As that population decreases requesters will need to raise their prices to attract the HITS that US workers wouldn't touch. This has the added benefit of lining Amazon's bottom line as well such they will get a larger fee from each hit.

    This is entirely my speculation and I could very well be wrong but it's the only logical reason I can think of.

  7. #37
    User Munawar Mohamad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 93 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    They are hoping to see a drop of these workers (As they stop, get banned for what ever reason etc etc) As that population decreases requesters will need to raise their prices to attract the HITS that US workers wouldn't touch. This has the added benefit of lining Amazon's bottom line as well such they will get a larger fee from each hit
    If that is the actual happening then i have reasons to be happy with the case that i"ll be able to do HITs with a higher price than i usually do it now(Though sad my wanna be member folks cant register)

    In short my earning wud just see another heights whch is so good for me and all hus been doing this till now.Anyone whose turking wud appreciate that coming along to be a truth.I would really wish to hear from Amazon and Mturk on this matter !!

  8. #38
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 92 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munawar Mohamad View Post
    If that is the actual happening then i have reasons to be happy with the case that i"ll be able to do HITs with a higher price than i usually do it now(Though sad my wanna be member folks cant register)

    In short my earning wud just see another heights whch is so good for me and all hus been doing this till now.Anyone whose turking wud appreciate that coming along to be a truth.I would really wish to hear from Amazon and Mturk on this matter !!

    Judging by your post in the earnings thread your earnings already kick mine's ass :P

  9. #39
    User Munawar Mohamad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 93 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Judging by your post in the earnings thread your earnings already kick mine's ass :P
    LOL...whch part of the globe r u from ? dont tell me u r from United States..If were uo least try wud have kicked me in the front

  10. #40
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 92 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Yeah I'm from the states, but don't hold that against me heh.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •