Want to earn a quick $5? Send me a PM - TurkingBear
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do people make $50-$100 a day?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thedragon View Post
    If you want to make $50 to a $100 a day, what you need to do is get everyone who lives in the US together. I would include the other countries if I knew what your wage standards were. In the US there is a federal minimum wage. The minimum wage on MTurk is close to $1.60/hr, primarily due to Crowdflower and the like offering the most work for far less pay.

Once all of the US workers were grouped together you could file a class action law suit against MTurk and Amazon in the state of Washington where they are headquartered. The good news is you'd probably win a settlement in the amount of 10 million dollars. Probably 50k per person based on amount of work performed. The bad news is that you'd be banned from using MTurk till the trial was over which would probably take 2 to 3 years. They would make US workers not eligible to work on the site. Kinda like what happened with online poker.

Is it worth it? For me it's a coin flip. I'd be happy with $35 a day but it's getting hard to make $15.

OMG TFF!

Or you could just pay attention to those old timers on the forums, keep at it and work you little ass off like the rest of us. Either way.... Good Luck to you!

Thanks

The minimum wage on MTurk is close to $1.60/hr, primarily due to Crowdflower and the like offering the most work for far less pay.
    Where in the world are you getting your numbers from?

So...that add-on you want to make for mturk - you wouldn't possibly wiggle a way in there to keep track of everyone's favorite requesters (for your own view) and just scrape that info for yourself or some reddit buddies?

I'm sorry, but you're coming off like a disgruntled worker - not someone who actually wants to make things better.

Thanks

If you want to make $50 to a $100 a day, what you need to do is get everyone who lives in the US together. I would include the other countries if I knew what your wage standards were. In the US there is a federal minimum wage. The minimum wage on MTurk is close to $1.60/hr, primarily due to Crowdflower and the like offering the most work for far less pay.

Once all of the US workers were grouped together you could file a class action law suit against MTurk and Amazon in the state of Washington where they are headquartered. The good news is you'd probably win a settlement in the amount of 10 million dollars. Probably 50k per person based on amount of work performed. The bad news is that you'd be banned from using MTurk till the trial was over which would probably take 2 to 3 years. They would make US workers not eligible to work on the site. Kinda like what happened with online poker.

Is it worth it? For me it's a coin flip. I'd be happy with $35 a day but it's getting hard to make $15.
    I was part of a class action suit against a former employer. It took 8-9 years to get a payout.

Even better how about a MTurk union? LOL. I am sure they would take the site down or something.

It is easy to complain, but right now I am grateful MTurk exists because I am unemployed and flat broke. In these circumstances something is much better than nothing.

Thanks

Why would any requesters continue to use mTurk if they could just hire someone @ minimum wage to do the same thing? OR, if we are still using an international platform here, hire workers outside the US for less instead of using mTurk. A union and lawsuit aren't going to do anything except maybe shut down mTurk.

We aren't AMAZON employees here. They connect us with the employers, they are NOT our employer. They have no obligation to us.

I've been turking for all of 11 days. And have $70 in my pocket that I didn't have 11 days ago and I earned on my spare time. I quite honestly have NO problem with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2