Thread: Mturk international workers , how can I get my hands on my earnings .

Thanks

Default Mturk international workers , how can I get my hands on my earnings .

I have just started working on mturk , the problem is obviously the payment since I am an international worker . I live in Italy and there is no way I would simply buy stuff have them sent over here , pay more taxes (20% of the product I think) and resell them . It is just very impractical considering that there are few products that are shipped here , the product could be blocked by customs and even if I get it I don't know if I would be able to resell it without suffering a terrible loss (I don't mind if I lose anything around 10% really , I am just afraid the price could be much higher).

So obviously I was looking for alternative ways to get the money . I have looked around and there is not much written about this topic .

1 The first solution I thought was buying products for other people . US residents in this case to whom I would offer a 5% discount on any amazon product they wanted . After I shipped the product they would make an international transfer to my bank account .

1. The idea is something similar . Person wants 500$ product on amazon , i buy it for them and send it as a gift , after they recieve the gift they send me 450$ on my account . Since i leave in italy I would need that sum in euros and there should also be a commission for an international transfer , both the money lost on the exchange and on the commission are on me . So according to google the 450$ are equal to 411 euros . Also assuming that there would be a 40 euro commission that would be taken by the 414 euros sent , so in the end i would get a total of 364 euro equal to 395 dollars . So in theory I would lose around 10% of my earning which is fine by me .

-The problems with this are obvious . First I have to find people who would do this and second there should be a relationship of trust that needs to be estabilished which I find difficult .

2. Second Solution is something which I read in another thread here , but which wasn't extended upon . Pratically with the buying and reselling of digital products (example steam keys and the like) . I know there are sites like g2a.com that sell steam keys so I thought if this was a viable option . Again in this case too I wouldn't mind losing something along the lines of 10% . For example buying the key for 30$ dollars and selling it for 27$ .

The questions I have are these :

1. How legal is any of the above mentioned solutions this ?
    1. Is there anybody using a method like this ? If not , do you have a better option ?

I'd love to know an answer to this questions as soon as possible . I have just started on mturk and am currently making pennies , but from what I am understanding this could be a very viable part time work for me , or to make some spending money on the side , the only thing is if the payment problem is not resolved it is useless for me to continue to use the platform .

Thank you for your time and sorry for the long post .

Thanks

If you are going to turk for a long time, you could try DropShipping.

I had used this in past and it worked.

Open a seller account in ebay.com

Go to amazon.com and pick some top selling goods.

List it on ebay.com with 15% higher than amazon price.

10% ebay seller fee + 5% paypal fee.

When item sold out on ebay, order the same item on amazon.com to the buyer's address using your gift card balance.

When the item delivered, you will have access to your money on paypal. You can withdraw paypal money to local bank account.

Also people call this as DSDomination, google it you will find a lot of videos.

All you need is some patience and adhere to ebay policies.

3. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

Thanks , didn't think of that , it seems like a great idea .

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerd357 View Post
    I have just started working on mturk , the problem is obviously the payment since I am an international worker . I live in Italy and there is no way I would simply buy stuff have them sent over here , pay more taxes (20% of the product I think) and resell them . It is just very impractical considering that there are few products that are shipped here , the product could be blocked by customs and even if I get it I don't know if I would be able to resell it without suffering a terrible loss (I don't mind if I lose anything around 10% really , I am just afraid the price could be much higher).
    My boyfriend and I sometimes sell things at small local craft markets in East London in South Africa on the weekends, so we're likely going to be using my Mechanical Turk earnings to buy things like beads etc on Amazon, and make bracelets or necklaces etc, so not only will we get my "money" back, but we'll make a bit of a profit too.

Other things I'm thinking of buying at Amazon include a Writer's Market book and a Photographer's Market book, to get my hands on decent lists of places that might buy my writing or my photos.

It would be fantastic if, at least sometime in the future, Mechanical Turk could pay all workers via PayPal no matter what country they live in. I'm in South Africa and we can receive monies via PayPal from other countries and other sites, just not, currently, from Mechanical Turk.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    It would be fantastic if, at least sometime in the future, Mechanical Turk could pay all workers via PayPal no matter what country they live in. I'm in South Africa and we can receive monies via PayPal from other countries and other sites, just not, currently, from Mechanical Turk.

Unfortunately that will never happen. PayPal is a direct competitor to Amazon Payments.

To the OP: I've started using purse.io, and converting my Amazon GC's to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is pretty low right now, so I'm holding on to them hoping to make a profit on them when they raise in price.
    Last edited by swiftkick; 04-30-2015 at 06:28 PM.