Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Thanks

Default Newbie

Hello,

my name is Jessica
    Just signed up ... have to wait 48 hours for Amazon to review my account. I'm hoping to bring in a bit of extra cash to help pay my car payment.... and maybe a little spending $$....

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 56,901 Times in 24,233 Posts

Welcome! Glad you joined!

It will definitely help you pay your bills!

3. Thanks: (1)
    User
    Thanks

I just started too. Is there anything important I should know about turking?

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 56,901 Times in 24,233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve028 View Post
    I just started too. Is there anything important I should know about turking?
    Welcome!

First thing you should do is install Turkopticon. It's a tool for us workers to evaluate HITS to see whether they are safe to do and to avoid the bad ones so you don't get rejections which can hurt your account.

https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/

6. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

Welcome! Having joined relatively recently, I know it can all be a little overwhelming! There are a lot of scripts, etc., to help you work more efficiently. Personally, however, I found it best not to try to take it all on board at once. Also, while you'll read about people who are making a lot of money on MTurk (and it is possible), it's pretty unrealistic to expect to be doing that from day one. With MTurk, I think it's fair to say that the more you do, the more you're able to do. In other words, the more experience you gain, the more HITS you'll find that you're qualified to do. Actually, this is one reason that people do "penny hits" - those Hits that are very quick and easy, but pay very little. They help build up your numbers of approved Hits, which help gain you access to perhaps more lucrative Hits.

Flora is absolutely right that Turkopticon is probably the most important script to install, for the reasons she gave above.

Also, jump right in to the "Can't Find Wonderful Hits?" daily threads in the "Great HITS" forum here. People post great Hits to do all the time, and you can get a lot of help there from experienced users. It's also a virtual "water cooler" - don't be put off by the chit-chat. It helps keep us all sane(ish).

I find it useful to set a daily "projected earnings" target. It helps keep you focused. Others set weekly targets, or other goals.

Good luck, and I hope you find MTurk lucrative!

8. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks

I'm new here, too. I can't post my own thread so I hope you don't mind if I just say hello here. My name is Cindie & I've dabbled with mturk a few times in the past but figured as long as I'm registered there I should put forth the effort to make money. I'm home all day so it's not like I don't have the time. Chickens are pretty much my life as I have an egg farm. They don't need much from me except to gather & clean eggs daily and clean their coop once a week.

Cindie

10. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

Hi Cindie - welcome aboard! MTurk is a great way to fill in between other things. How many chickens do you have on the farm?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    Hi Cindie - welcome aboard! MTurk is a great way to fill in between other things. How many chickens do you have on the farm?
    Right now about 30. Have babies coming this week though!

Cindie

Thanks

Sounds like fun!

User
    Thanks

Hello all, I just started too. Did my first few HITs ... so far so good but wondering how to find more substantial better paying HITs or do you have to work up to that? Thanks everyone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast