Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newbies: Turkopticon and Other Helpful Scripts

Thanks

Default Newbies: Turkopticon and Other Helpful Scripts

Last edited by nobody; 11-09-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Treat people as you would like to be treated. Karma's only a bitch if you are - author unknown

Thanks

Maybe Andy could sticky this =)

Thanks

That would be awesome, Andy. Wink/nudge, lol.

ETA: Athena, I added Turk Alert. It was just a brain fart that I didn't add it before. Thanks for the reminder!
    Last edited by nobody; 08-19-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Treat people as you would like to be treated. Karma's only a bitch if you are - author unknown

Thanks

It's not a script, but turkalert is also worth mentioning as a mturking basic.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for this Nobody! I didn't have some of these- The pending earnings one and approval time are gems! I think it should be stickied as well.

Thanks

Yes Nobody, I was planning to make a thread, you done that well. Andy please make this thread sticky.
    Riaz Abdul Majeed(from Kerala, India)
    Add me in Facebook. Just Google my name Riaz Abdul Majeed and click I am Feeling Lucky you are @ my Facebook Page. So that I can provide you live help

http://mturkforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2722&dateline=1336373  007

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    After referring newbies to this sub-forum for weeks for Turkopticon (TO), I finally realized that links to TO may not be easy to find for them. Mea culpa, man. That said, here is a list of useful scripts. At the top of this forum, you'll find a sticky thread on how to install scripts.

Click on the name of the script below, and you will be redirected to that script or the website that hosts that script. At the end of the description for the script is a link to the thread in this forum or a search of that script name. Be sure to visit the thread link to thank the script creator! Or you can just share your experiences using that script.

Turkopticon: For Firefox and Chrome users. "Turkopticon adds functionality to Amazon Mechanical Turk as you browse for HITs and review status of work you've done. As you browse HITs, Turkopticon places a button next to each requester and highlights requesters for whom there are reviews from other workers. Bad reviews let you avoid shady employers and good reviews help you find fair ones. You can view reports made against requesters with a quick click." Turkopticon search here.

Pending Earnings
    : "This script will add up all the pending Approval HITs you have. It might have to go back as far as 30 days so the only time this script actually runs is if you click on it. You then might have to wait a long time if you have a lot of pending HITs." Thread link here.

Mturk Discover Fake Availabilities: "Often times you open a hit to find there is no more hits available,even though MTurk reports that there is some left. This script discovers and lets you know." Thread link here.

Approval Time: "This shows the auto-approval time for MTurk in days." Thread link here.

Amazon Payments mTurk Details: Modified version of "Adds details for mTurk transactions on Account Activity page." Thread link here.

Block Requesters: "Hide HITs from requesters you're not interested in (FIXED FOR GOOGLE CHROME)" Thread links here, here and here.

Turk accept next hit box 1.0: "Clicks the accept next hit box if it isn't active." Thread link here.

Today's Projected Earnings: "This will total all the hits done for today to give you a projected earnings for the day, so you know when it is Miller time. No allowance for bonuses or potential rejections. Rejections that have already been recorded are accounted for." Thread link here.

Turk Alert: "Turk Alert constantly monitors Amazon's Mechanical Turk (MTurk) and keeps track of all new HITs posted. When a requester that you're subscribed to posts new HITs, you'll receive an e-mail notification with a link to the HITs on MTurk. E-mail alerts are sent every 5 minutes." Turk alert search here.

Transcription HITs: Express Scribe is helpful. Try OpenOffice if you don't have MS Word.

Don't see a script you want or need? If so, there are many helpful people here, so be sure to post about it in this forum. You may just find a new script here that is exactly what you're looking for.
    By posting this you are 'nobody' to this great forum. You are GEM for this forum . I really feel very happy when people like to help anyone.
    Riaz Abdul Majeed(from Kerala, India)
    Add me in Facebook. Just Google my name Riaz Abdul Majeed and click I am Feeling Lucky you are @ my Facebook Page. So that I can provide you live help

http://mturkforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2722&dateline=1336373  007

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 20,882 Times in 7,937 Posts

I am a newbie and am interested in obtaining Turkopticon. How do I get it as I don't see a link or web address for it. I have been Turking for about 3 months without it and have gotten 3 rejects (one was an error, requestor apologized, paid me but said she isn't able to reverse it) so I think it's time to get Turkopticon. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flora View Post
    I am a newbie and am interested in obtaining Turkopticon. How do I get it as I don't see a link or web address for it. I have been Turking for about 3 months without it and have gotten 3 rejects (one was an error, requestor apologized, paid me but said she isn't able to reverse it) so I think it's time to get Turkopticon. Thanks in advance.
    Just google turkopticon.
    Actually, wait:

http://turkopticon.differenceengines.com/

Click the download button.
    It should be extremely self-explanatory from there.

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 20,882 Times in 7,937 Posts

Thanks Athena! Appreciate it! Will look forward to using it. I forgot to add the reason why I haven't been using Turkopticon was because I was using IE (Internet Explorer). I just downloaded Chrome so I'm ready to go!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast