Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Use of Unethical methods to snatch hits.

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Use of Unethical methods to snatch hits.

    I am afraid some unethical methods or scripts are being used to snatch hits.I used to start turking from 3 am IST would finish by 7 am and could do moderate number of hits.But of late I am experiencing a kind of snatching hits from my grasp.The moment the hit appears it is gone !.
    Last edited by rksatheesan; 12-09-2016 at 06:19 PM.

  2. #2
    User Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 295 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rksatheesan View Post
    I am afraid some unethical methods or scripts are being used to snatch hits.I used start turking from 3 am IST would finish by 7 am and could do moderate number of hits.But of late I am experiencing a kind of snatching hits from my grasp.The moment the hit appears it is gone !.
    What are the unethical types of snatching?
    Some of your answers weren't what we expected.

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I am not sure what is happening.Only thing is I am not able to accept high paying hits.I have been turking since 2012 and I have never experienced anything like this before.Today also I have been sitting before the computer since 4 am still not able to accept a single hit paying more than 50cents. .May be same workers employing people to click from multiple computers and thus preventing others from accepting the hits,or may be using some scripts to auto click the moment high value hits appear.

  4. #4
    User Khalinov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The American Hinterlands
    Posts
    862
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 155 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    On the subject of ethics: there is almost certainly someone more ethical and less ethical than you are in any given situation.

    People use all manner of automated scripts these days to try to grab high-dollar HITs before anyone else can. Not saying I do or that I agree with it - but that is the way it is.

    If AMT gets tired of it, they will start looking for these sort of jackhammer URL requests and dealing with it.

    I am betting if they were going to address it, they already would have.

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalinov View Post
    On the subject of ethics: there is almost certainly someone more ethical and less ethical than you are in any given situation.

    People use all manner of automated scripts these days to try to grab high-dollar HITs before anyone else can. Not saying I do or that I agree with it - but that is the way it is.

    If AMT gets tired of it, they will start looking for these sort of jackhammer URL requests and dealing with it.

    I am betting if they were going to address it, they already would have.
    Is it a violation of AMT's TOS to use such automated scripts ? If not,would you share details of such scripts?

  6. #6
    User Khalinov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The American Hinterlands
    Posts
    862
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 155 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rksatheesan View Post
    Is it a violation of AMT's TOS to use such automated scripts ? If not,would you share details of such scripts?
    You can find out all you want to know by searching for “Mechanical Turk scripting” in your favorite search engine.

    As to whether it is a violation of AMT’s rules to use them, I suggest you ask AMT directly: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •