Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Dem HITs At? 07/17 Malodorous Mandolin Make-A-Wish Monday

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 61,030 Times in 26,597 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myopia View Post
    Forecast here has been ~50% chance of storms every day for weeks. And we've had a storm every single day for weeks. Must be some way of making money off that predictive ability. Like flipping a coin 20 times and getting tails every time.

The one Saturday killed my second monitor (how did I ever turk without it?) and seemed to kill my modem/router (panic!). Turns out it was only the power adapter for the modem -- found an old one from something else that seems to be working with it.

So I need a new cheap monitor (I am thinking thrift store)... and surge protector apparently. Except the wiring in the house isn't grounded so I'm not sure the surge protector does anything anyhow.
    There are surge protectors with battery backups that will keep you on up to 3 hours. I used to have one of those and they were great. Not cheap but probably worth it. At least it'll let you turn everything off properly and unplug it rather than getting zapped or fried by the power outage.

2. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 757 Posts

We get so many storms and power outages that few years ago hubby bought a Back-UPS. All the electronics are connected to it. Since then me hadn't had any of them fry. Worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by myopia View Post
    Forecast here has been ~50% chance of storms every day for weeks. And we've had a storm every single day for weeks. Must be some way of making money off that predictive ability. Like flipping a coin 20 times and getting tails every time.

The one Saturday killed my second monitor (how did I ever turk without it?) and seemed to kill my modem/router (panic!). Turns out it was only the power adapter for the modem -- found an old one from something else that seems to be working with it.

So I need a new cheap monitor (I am thinking thrift store)... and surge protector apparently. Except the wiring in the house isn't grounded so I'm not sure the surge protector does anything anyhow.
    "Maybe my passion is nothing special, but at least it's mine.
    ― Tove Jansson, Travelling Light

4. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 664 Posts

Yeah I'm in DC and there are some stores without power right now.

Calling it quits, earnings was good, but in order to end the week with a SPARK, I have to make 50-60 tomorrow! Oh boy!

6. Thanks: (1)
    User
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,864 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flora View Post
    There are surge protectors with battery backups that will keep you on up to 3 hours. I used to have one of those and they were great. Not cheap but probably worth it. At least it'll let you turn everything off properly and unplug it rather than getting zapped or fried by the power outage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleface View Post
    We get so many storms and power outages that few years ago hubby bought a Back-UPS. All the electronics are connected to it. Since then me hadn't had any of them fry. Worth the money.
    Yes, that sounds like a very good idea. I got very lucky that it was only my old CRT monitor that died. The computer and real monitor were on the same circuit -- I'd be down to turking on an antique Dell laptop running Vista. Ugh.

8. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,185 Times in 6,113 Posts

Less than 5 Min

Title: Play a game and answer follow-up questions | PANDA
    Requester: Lalin Anik [A29O2O3RFGCSHK] (TO)
    TO Ratings:

5.00 Communicativity
    4.21 Generosity
    4.92 Fairness
    5.00 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 23
    (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Play a quick game with a hypothetical partner and answer follow-up questions. Note: if you are not attentive during the task, you will not be compensated.
    Time: 60 minutes
    Hits Available: 1
    Reward: $1.10
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US
    Join Ibotta and earn cash back on groceries, household items, wine & liquor, and more.

Easy to use smartphone app. Earn a $10 first time user bonus through my referral link:
    http://ibotta.com/r/yqw33w

10. Thanks: (1)
    Verified Leader

Thanks

They usually have good bonuses based on the past ones.

3-4 min

Title: 5-10 min survey with bonus opportunities | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: The Choice Lab [A18FWM3BGZIW4S] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.81] [Comm: 4.31] [Fair: 4.80] [Reviews: 247] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2: [Rate: $4.53/hr] [Pen: 1.60 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 14] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Auto Approval: 3 days
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $1.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; MMJOH has not been granted ; Location is US;
    Last edited by Flora; 07-17-2017 at 05:50 PM.

12. Thanks: (5)
    User
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,864 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flora View Post
    They usually have good bonuses based on the past ones.

Title: 5-10 min survey with bonus opportunities | PANDA
    Requester: The Choice Lab [A18FWM3BGZIW4S] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.81] [Comm: 4.31] [Fair: 4.80] [Reviews: 247] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2: [Rate: $4.53/hr] [Pen: 1.60 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 14] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Auto Approval: 3 days
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $1.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; MMJOH has not been granted ; Location is US;
    They never paid the bonus for a HIT I did 6/24/17. I know they're slow, but...

Anyhow, this one took like 4 minutes. So good regardless.
    Last edited by myopia; 07-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.

14. Thanks: (3)
    Verified Leader

Thanks

My son's monitor works! Whew. He had to use a different outlet. Glad it wasn't zapped.

16. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks

Just got turkmaster to see how many surveys it can auto accept over $1, $1.50 and $2 but i have no clue how to set that up soooo >.> anyone wanna explain it to me? Cause i cant find anything that does that.
    PaidViewPoint - Quick and easy surveys.
    InstaGc - Great videos and surveys.
    InnoPoll - You get paid to paypal instantly every time you finish a survey.

Verified Leader

Thanks

Under 3 min

Title: Recruiting *Parents* for A Study of the Costs of Childcare -- 5 minutes | PANDA
    Requester: Julia Minson [A35QRRKSLEDRZA] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.16] [Fast: 4.96] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 34] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2: [Rate: $10.26/hr] [Pen: 30.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Auto Approval: 2 days
    Time: 2 hours
    HITs Available: 47
    Reward: $0.70
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

19. Thanks: (2)
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast