Thread: Pop Up Ads

User
    Thanks

Default Pop Up Ads

Anybody else having problems with the pop up ads coming from this site? I do not come on very often and had not been on in a couple of months. Yesterday when I logged on I think I got a Trojan from one of the pop ups. In just the few minutes I've been on here now typing this I have about 5 pop ups. I never had a problem before and I was logging on every day. I am not happy as my computer is still not back to normal.

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 60,403 Times in 26,232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FibonacciSequence View Post
    Anybody else having problems with the pop up ads coming from this site? I do not come on very often and had not been on in a couple of months. Yesterday when I logged on I think I got a Trojan from one of the pop ups. In just the few minutes I've been on here now typing this I have about 5 pop ups. I never had a problem before and I was logging on every day. I am not happy as my computer is still not back to normal.
    Yes it is a problem with this forum for awhile now.

We all are using either Ublock or Adblock and that takes care of it completely. I haven't seen any since I've been using it. It's available at the Chrome extension store.
    New to the forum? Script to post HITs here.

MTF GUIDELINES

User
    Thanks

Thank you for your response. Anything for Firefox? I think it's awful that the site allows what Malwarebytes considers malicious content. This is a site that is supposed to help us make more money and now it's potentially causing us to spend all the money we do earn fixing what this malicious content causes. A lot of requestors require you enable pop ups so you would not be able to be on this site while working those hits.

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 60,403 Times in 26,232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FibonacciSequence View Post
    Thank you for your response. Anything for Firefox? I think it's awful that the site allows what Malwarebytes considers malicious content. This is a site that is supposed to help us make more money and now it's potentially causing us to spend all the money we do earn fixing what this malicious content causes. A lot of requestors require you enable pop ups so you would not be able to be on this site while working those hits.
    I checked and Firefox does have Adblock. It's called Adblock Plus. Available at the Firefox Add-ons.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-plus/

I leave it on until I run into a survey that tells me to enable pop ups then I just simply turn it off for that particular HIT. I think that's pretty rare that I've run into that. Sometimes a HIT will show up blank. Turn off the blocker temporarily and refresh, it'll show up.
    New to the forum? Script to post HITs here.

MTF GUIDELINES

User
    Thanks

Thank you!