Want to earn a quick $5? Send me a PM - Cowfin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning - Jon Brelig on rejecting spree (again)

Thanks

Thumbs down Warning - Jon Brelig on rejecting spree (again)

Just letting you all know he's back in his one of his moods where he randomly rejects perfectly good work. No one's safe - so don't think you are the special one!

Before you say "told you so" feel free to read below on mine & his long term relationship (just on Mturk, thank God. Can't imagine dealing with his moods in "real life). I'm writing the details mostly because I need to vent!

I'd been on Mturk for months & had cleared about $1,400 before finding out about TurkOpticon. (How I managed without it, I do not know!)
    Brelig's hits aren't really my thing, but I'd estimate that I've done 25-45 of them prior to having TurkOpticon. (Only the short ones - the long ones aren't worth the time). He'd only rejected me once during all these months w/ the message "Receipt is not blurry" I gave him the benefit of the doubt there.

Upon getting TurkOpticon, I read all the bad reviews. I thought they were a little harsh considering I'd only had 1 reject which maybe, just maybe, could have been my mistake anyway.

I had not done any of his hits in quite some time, but about 2 wks ago I started doing some when there was nothing else available, but I made sure I kept an extra careful eye on my accuracy. I submitted at least 50. He was putting up some really short receipts, so it was actually worth it. No problems. He approved them all.

Over the weekend, he was uploading short receipts like crazy. Still proceeding with caution, I did about 25 last week. He has now rejected 4 of them giving reasons like "Did not enter product info" Yes, I did.

When you read the TurkOpticon reviews, you can see that he's obviously a moody guy who apparently has a history of going through phases where he rejects for no reason.

After months of working for him, and well over 100 HITs completed, I guess I just happened to work for him on his good days until now.

Lesson learned - won't work for him again. The 7 & 2 cent hits aren't worth the risk.
    Stay away from him!

User
    Thanks

He is an idiot cause he doesn't realize that all the typing we do cost's us time and money. He is just a basic moron. I have emailed him many times and he doesn't respond or anything like that. He has some serious issues. I got 3 rejections from him on the 3rd. He will be okay for a while and then goes on a spree. He used to pay 0.09 cents a HIT and Cheapened it on all of us. I think it's his time of the month again. Yes men get PMS also.

User
    Thanks

Sent them a copy of their TO reviews and all of us complaining. Guess what got a response from them this AM.
    I sent a reply back to them and lets see if they are serious this time. This is the second time I asked them to join us here we will see.

I would like to talk to you and anyone else that does HIT work for us and explain why the work is being rejected. I know there are forums that HIT workers meet on, or we can make a group where we can meet and I can tell you why we are not so lenient with mistakes anymore

Jon makes the HIT's. I and several other people check the HIT quality of the Amazon Turk workers.

I am more than willing to discuss these issues and any others related to the HIT's our company posts with all that are interested.

Please contact me with the details of a place we can meet to discuss these issues.

We need and want good HIT workers and we want to make them as happy as we can. In return we expect a quality job.

Best regards,

Celeste
    InfoScout, Inc.

User
    Thanks

Here is the reply I sent to them! I don't have time to be cordial to a requester that has ignored every other communication I made with them last month and beyond.

I am shocked that you are emailing me. Usually there is no communication between you and the workers, this is not good to have as a requester. We do have legit questions that go unanswered and you leave us to our own avail . Your directions are not very elaborate at all. Like I know one time I had written that days date and you rejected it. I asked you guy's hey if there is no date what do we do? This went totally unanswered. Not good on your part at all. You have to give clear and concise directions. Do you want the oz's included or is it okay to leave that off? Do you want to know if it is a 2L of Coke, do we have to put that. People want to know. Do you want the quanity of the items. The one that got us the best is the fact that we might duplicate the items because the picture of the receipt will have the same items in the second half of the picture and you will reject that. I mean you say transcribe it and then you reject it, then if we do include it you would reject it if we didn't include it. This is what we are talking about with clear and concise directions. If you put a child in Kindergarten and don't show them and explain what they are to do. What kind of school work do you think you would get? Scribble Scrabble and that is what you are getting cause the directions are extremely vague on your part. Until you fix the problems on your end you should not be rejecting for such vague directions at all. This is showing irresponsibility. We wouldn't have a leg to stand on, if we had very clear directions. When we don't have clear and concise directions you get what you get.

I have sent you a forum before now and you never introduced yourself or anything. What you actually don't realize is that when we do the work it takes time and effort and we don't get paid at all for this type of work. If this was the real world we get paid even for mistakes that may or may not happen.

A lot of the images we get are blurry, and you say that they aren't.

The design of your HITS need to be way better than what they are. We need to be able to move the receipt up and down without having to scroll up and down the page to type the items, this is where a lot of your mistakes are coming from. The fact that you are asking people to say hey, remember the items but scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, and then scroll all the way back up to get the rest of the numbers especially if it is UPC numbers.

The fact on blurry images I mean come on now, if it is years, and years and faded we try our best and we are looking at it and struggling. Then you tell us to enlarge the image. I have my screen maxed out for your HITS and if I have it like that and it's still blurry give me a break. We the workers are not going to sit here and try to strain our eyes to see some numbers that are so blurred that we can barely read them. I know if I am calling it blurry that they are. You must understand we are not going to strain our eyes for 0.07 and maybe get 0.01 of a bonus. This won't pay the eye doctor for the glasses we will need.

The forum is at http://mturkforum.com/forum.php. With Jon Brelig we started a topic there about him already and how unfair he really is being.

User
    Thanks

This is the email from Jun 26th that went unanswered on his part. This requester doesn't respond that much at all.

Jon,

Most of my rejections are coming from receipts like this which do not include a UPC Code at all. I have 3 of them for this today: Can you please fix the error on your end.

http://isc.pricescout.media.s3.amazo...3e1.mobile.png This should be under the items, and not rejected cause of missing upc. Or have missing upc as an option.

Also, add a comment box on the HITs would help so we can explain things to you and tell you why we are rejecting from our end. There is a lack of communication on your HITs and email's we send in a lot of us are quite upset about this. It just shows that a requester doesn't care about what is happening.

User
    Thanks

This is from June 15, 2012

Dear Sir,

You are rejecting work, I think there is a big problem on your end. I know that out of 7 rejections, I know I didn't miss a date on all of them. I will start copying what I am typing and sending to you in an email. I think that the date field is not working correctly. I am adding the dates and it is not registering on your end. Can You please review these. Please respond to questions, emails and such. You don't have a positive view on our rating system that the workers use, due to non communication from you. I suggest you take the date section off. It is causing a lot more problems than it is doing for the good of your experiment. Please review and test these first. You should be testing this stuff out first and foremost.

His response was this.

Turns out there was an issue on our backend causing some HITs to get rejected incorrectly. We have fixed this and apologies for the error.

Jon

User
    Thanks

This is from June 18th, 2012. You can see how long I have been trying to communicate with him and trying to get him to improve the HITS for us. With no avail. Albertsons is one that doesn't have the UPC Codes most of the time. Hmm he doesn't tell us what we should do. I can put 00000000 and it will still get rejected which is very frustrating.

Jon,

In regards to some of your HITS you are asking for us to transcribe them into upc code format and they may not have upc code, but just the words, I have been saying that they are not full receipts, cause I can't transcribe them correctly. I have been having problems with rejection's from your end. Please do understand that we can only mark what options you have given us. If you added a feed back option where we can add why we rejected it, you would understand it better on your end.

Please do consider, adding an option for can't transcribe because of receipt definition is not in upc code.

Also, please take it from our point of view if we are saying it is too blurry it means it is to far and we aren't going to try to break our necks for .09 a HIT to transcribe it when it is not a decent size print to read. There were some receipts that were way out of focus yesterday. I have 7 rejections from you. If you could add where we can have it magnified in the HIT it helps us out way better than toggling between two screens.

User
    Thanks

Jon,

I don't think my rejection for -10.43 was all in fact you can't enter in -10.43 it says enter as a number. I think you need to explain things better.

Also, If I am doing the receipts and taking time to type and time from my other list of HITS I do getting a rejection for a missing UPC number of only 1. is not a fair rejection, The time to transcribe takes time and really the timing part is not fair. If you have one UPC wrong it should no t be a full rejection but possibly a deduction of 0.01 cents for a missing UPC number.

User
    Thanks

Since June 15th I have been telling him about issues. Now it is what September 06,2012 they decided to return an email how nice of them. Maybe they are realizing that their directions don't say how much has to be blurry in order for us to be able to mark it blurry. Let's see what they can say or do now. They need to see the real problems. Did I mention all the problems you are having often or semi-often?

Thanks

I usually won't enter the numbers with "-" sign on them, simply ignores them. Most of those are coupons and discounts which are less important, I guess. Even if I try to, it shows an error as you said.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast