User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JShug107 View Post
    Jon Brelig that you???

I KNEW that was coming. 'fraid not.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidswife71 View Post
    I can understand where you're coming from... but exploited? That's a little harsh, but to each his/her own. LOL

I'm not trying to speak for everyone who does his HITs... I'm just saying from personal experience, I've never had a problem.

I occasionally will do the lower pay hits such as Jon Berling 0.02 hits. However, what I have a problem with and where I feel exploited by Jon Berling is I try my hardest to properly fill out the information requested for his hits. I already feel the hits are underpaid and not very easy to do with the poor image quality that some of the receipts are as well as having to search for the information on the receipt since you have to move the receipt to view the entire thing. Then to have the hits rejected do to no fault of my own. I can say I do my best but it seems most of the rejections that I have are from Jon Berling. This is why I only do his hits if there are no other hits available and I want to get my numbers up.

By the way, I prefer p9r over Jon Berling in that for the pay, p9r work is not an eye strain to do and I do not think I have any rejections from him.
    Last edited by scrubjay1986; 12-28-2015 at 04:06 PM.

User
    Thanks

Is Jon Brelig / InfoScout going out of business? Or are they not interested in mTurk any more?! The receipts are going away and they have been going away for weeks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
    Is Jon Brelig / InfoScout going out of business? Or are they not interested in mTurk any more?! The receipts are going away and they have been going away for weeks.
    Would that it were so, but I spy 28 of his underpriced batches currently - including almost 20000 of the 2¢ers.

User
    Thanks

don't hesitate and try it.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HITSupervisor View Post
    I will add this to the wish list and see if it is possible to make one, I think it could be helpful for both sides.

Always look to see if the receipt is full and legible before you work on it. I always look at the total first, if that is not exactly correct, I must reject so there is no point of me looking at anything else you have done. I feel very bad when I have to reject for a simple total transposition of numbers error, I don't like it, I feel bad, I know you don't get paid if I reject and you also get an increase in your rejection rate. But our duplicate task (which is the last HIT task for us) relies on the correct total as part of the selection process. This is why we now must reject for incorrect total so please be sure it is right most of all.

What is frustrating in the totals is the many stores have many words for total, many places to put it and so on. It is hard for me to find the right total sometimes too.

Celeste
    Is there a way a comment box can be added to the HITS so we can leave an explanation as to why we may have skipped a part of a receipt. Like I started a HIT yesterday and the receipt was folded right on the numbers and I couldn't read it, so I returned it instead of trying to get a rejection. Sometimes the folding of the receipts is harder to transcribe.
    please give me your receipt.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scrubjay1986 View Post
    I occasionally will do the lower pay hits such as Jon Berling 0.02 hits. However, what I have a problem with and where I feel exploited by Jon Berling is I try my hardest to properly fill out the information requested for his hits. I already feel the hits are underpaid and not very easy to do with the poor image quality that some of the receipts are as well as having to search for the information on the receipt since you have to move the receipt to view the entire thing. Then to have the hits rejected do to no fault of my own. I can say I do my best but it seems most of the rejections that I have are from Jon Berling. This is why I only do his hits if there are no other hits available and I want to get my numbers up.

By the way, I prefer p9r over Jon Berling in that for the pay, p9r work is not an eye strain to do and I do not think I have any rejections from him.
    Most of them I can't do either. They are not U.S.A. receipts. There is a new category for UK receipts, but sometimes they still pop up in the U.S.A. receipts. The remaining receipts are from other nations, and they give no contact information (or contact information impossible to fit into the U.S.A. contact form). I had previously submitted "Cannot Transcribe Foreign Characters" which was rejected as "It Is English". Ever since then I skip many receipts. It would be nice to separate each nation so the proper contact information form will be provided.

There really are no other people on mturk. I currently see other companies offering receipts but they don't appear at any time of day. They never offer so many or everybody does them quickly.
    Last edited by In_Correct; 04-19-2016 at 08:35 PM.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khalinov View Post
    Would that it were so, but I spy 28 of his underpriced batches currently - including almost 20000 of the 2¢ers.
    Now it is even more alarming. I have never seen 50,000 receipts disappear in a few short hours. At this rate, they will be gone tomorrow. It looks like now "Jon Brelig" is "ScoutIt" there is much more interest and not enough for everybody to do.

User
    Thanks

Angry Getting worse:

Now it is even more alarming. I have never seen 50,000 receipts disappear in a few short hours. At this rate, they will be gone tomorrow. It looks like now "Jon Brelig" is "ScoutIt" there is much more interest and not enough for everybody to do.
    I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF JON BRELIG U.K RECEIPTS "THERE WAS A CONNECTION ERROR! PLEASE TRY AGAIN!" REPORTING THE HIT DOES NOTHING BECAUSE IT JUST GIVES ME THE SAME HIT I JUST REPORTED. JON BRELIG HAS CRAMMED THE U.K. AND U.S.A. RECEIPTS INTO THE SAME GROUP BUT THE U.K. RECEIPTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,454 Times in 2,589 Posts

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF JON BRELIG U.K RECEIPTS "THERE WAS A CONNECTION ERROR! PLEASE TRY AGAIN!" REPORTING THE HIT DOES NOTHING BECAUSE IT JUST GIVES ME THE SAME HIT I JUST REPORTED. JON BRELIG HAS CRAMMED THE U.K. AND U.S.A. RECEIPTS INTO THE SAME GROUP BUT THE U.K. RECEIPTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE.

then do something worthwhile instead of whining over $2/hour hits?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    don"T YOU evER talk ABOUT ME AND my moneyy . . . got iT??
    Putting a '65 Mustang back on the road with Mturk earnings: http://mturkforum.com/showthread.php...MTurk-earnings

11. Thanks: (1)
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast