Want to earn a quick $5? Send me a PM - TurkingBear
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Join Me On A Crusade To Fix Bad CrowdFlower Test Questions!

Thanks

Default Please Join Me On A Crusade To Fix Bad CrowdFlower Test Questions!

Fellow Turkers,
    I am on a crusade to have CrowdFlower correct bad "test" questions. I have started this week. There are a ridiculous number of bad "test questions" in each hit which lower our percentages and do not give us the proper credit we deserve, even blocking us from jobs at times. This takes away time from our work, and undermines us as employees leaving us frustrated and looking quite awful in percentages at times which lead some people to feelings of unnecessary inadequacy. PLEASE help try to fix a broken system and force CrowdFlower to fix this issue!

Take the time to submit a small copy of every incorrect test question you come across (make sure they are "bad" test questions) with your job id and contributor id(found under the help button in the hit): Ask CrowdFlower to reverse your rating and fix the incorrect question that you found. Thank you for your help. Together we can make a difference!!!

Sincerely,
    liladybugz26

*I am not self righteous or anything, just fed up with injustice. Please be diligent in order for this to work. It only takes a minute and honestly, you could really make a difference here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by liladybugz36; 11-04-2012 at 10:50 AM.

User
    Thanks

This is going to make absolutely no difference, sorry. When you get a "test question" wrong, there's a box right there where you can let them know if there is a problem with it.

3. Thanks: (3)
    Thanks

I agree with chaos in the sense that CrowdFlower has a history of providing work that pushes (or exceeds) the limits of what is reasonable to ask for tiny pay. Based on that alone, this is not a company that is motivated to make your work experience significantly more fair or positive for you, no matter what you tell them.

There are many ways we can all spend our Turking time. There are also many injustices in the world. What CrowdFlower does isn't right, but their pay would/should never make enough of a difference in anyone's life to warrant any extra effort to communicate with them.

But really, I shouldn't speak for others. So what I will say is just that I feel that my time has been proven to be better spent and much better paid with other requesters, so I ignore CrowdFlower. Nevertheless, I wish you luck, liladybugz.

5. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks

Yes but.....
    Last edited by liladybugz36; 11-04-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    This is going to make absolutely no difference, sorry. When you get a "test question" wrong, there's a box right there where you can let them know if there is a problem with it.
    Yes but if enough people complain then maybe they will do something about it if people are diligent. It is not necessary to shoot down the idea. It is worth a try.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
    I agree with chaos in the sense that CrowdFlower has a history of providing work that pushes (or exceeds) the limits of what is reasonable to ask for tiny pay. Based on that alone, this is not a company that is motivated to make your work experience significantly more fair or positive for you, no matter what you tell them.

There are many ways we can all spend our Turking time. There are also many injustices in the world. What CrowdFlower does isn't right, but their pay would/should never make enough of a difference in anyone's life to warrant any extra effort to communicate with them.

But really, I shouldn't speak for others. So what I will say is just that I feel that my time has been proven to be better spent and much better paid with other requesters, so I ignore CrowdFlower. Nevertheless, I wish you luck, liladybugz.
    Thank you. I have contacted them 5 times this week and have had ratings reversed and hopefully "test" questions fixed. I have not worked for them in many months because of this but they have had some decent hits lately so I jumped back into the pot and all the frustration came back.

I am just surprised that with all of the bad test questions there are only a fraction of them reported. It only takes a minute to report them and if people that do work on CrowdFlower hits diligently report this issue, they will either be forced to ignore a slew of people and stop responding or be a responsible company and fix the error at the source.

They have recently posted a comment in the FAQ section of the dashboard page that they were working to correct this issue, so why not encourage them to put a move on it?

Nothing ever changes with inaction. If you don't ever work for CrowdFlower then I can see how it would not be a concern, but if you do then at least care enough about being manipulated to do something about it. Sure they won't listen to one person but it's hard to ignore an entire workforce.
    Last edited by liladybugz36; 09-19-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liladybugz36 View Post
    They have recently posted a comment in the FAQ section of the dashboard page that they were working to correct this issue, so why not encourage them to put a move on it? Nothing ever changes with inaction. If you don't ever work for CrowdFlower then I can see how it would not be a concern, but if you do then at least care enough about being manipulated to do something about it. Sure they won't listen to one person but it's hard to ignore an entire workforce.
    I do admire your initiative and energy for this, liladybugz! Had not heard that they posted that comment in their FAQ. Again, good luck.

10. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

liladybugz36,

I usually remember to mark the test questions as unfair, but I'll make more of an effort to report every one I find. I don't do too many CF (I like the twitter ones because they're amusing), but every little bit helps! Hope other people join your cause.

12. Thanks: (1)
    User
    Thanks

I have to agree with Chaos on this; the approach being advocated will make no difference. If you want to get CrowdFlower's attention, don't work for them. If enough people did that, they would have to make changes. They might choose to do better quality checking, they up the rewards or something else. But I am convinced that completing tasks and complaining a lot is fine with them and they are OK with the situation.

I think the recent ProductRNR situation supports my contention. If not familiar with it, I suggest you read the thread.
    Last edited by mTurkMeister; 11-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks

Can you give me an example of a bad test question?
    Need some help? Feel free to PM me.

i <3 dinosaurs

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast