Exclusive Assignment Offered By Mturk Forum: $20 Reward - Email mturkcowfin@gmail.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suitable Browser for Mturk

User
    Thanks

Post Suitable Browser for Mturk

Which is the suitable browser for working on mturk ?... chrome, firefox or explorer ?.....

Thanks

I use Chrome for the bulk of my Turking. If I am doing survey HITs, I will do the Qualtrics part in IE.

A lot of people swear by Firefox and customize it with Greasemonkey scripts.

Are you new to Turking? We were all under the impression that AMT was not greenlighting new accounts from outside the USA.

3. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

I use Chrome for everything. If I can't do a HIT with Chrome I don't do it. IE is too slow and I don't like the Firefox format. Speaking of things AMT is doing or not doing, I was dismayed when suddenly I couldn't sign into my account because my email addy was no longer recognized--even though I was getting regular weekly emails from amazon. I called and a tech helped me get it on track and then it happened yet again a couple weeks later. After nearly 70,000 hits completed, a 99% approval rate and record of nearly 5 grand earned, you can imagine my aggravation. I gave up and started a new account. Then the other night I'm cranking out HITS like crazy and suddenly I get a message saying no more hits are available to me and try again tomorrow. WTH is going on lately? Sorry to get off topic but it's been bugging me and I don't know how to start a new thread about it!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 767 Posts

You might have reached the thirty eight hundred daily limit. It doesn't matter if you accept or summit them, but you get 3,000 hits a day.

6. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

Chrome for life

User
    Thanks

When I started turking I was using firefox. I have been on chrome now because I can't seem to transcribe very well on firefox. I have no problems transcribing on chrome. IE is sooo slow. So I stick with chrome.

Thanks

I use Chrome for most HITs. Occasionally, some HITs dont work on Chrome (very few) so I have to use Firefox or IE.

Thanks

I've used Firefox for years, and usually use it for turking. I've got nothing against Chrome, it's a great browser. Much of the time I'll have both running and use them for different things.
    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable, if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~ IV

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacks0121 View Post
    You might have reached the thirty eight hundred daily limit. It doesn't matter if you accept or summit them, but you get 3,000 hits a day.
    How can anybody actually manage 3,000 a day? Even if someone somehow did, they will have problems with their wrists/fingers that they will need a lot more money to fix than they can get with mturk.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ewd76 View Post
    How can anybody actually manage 3,000 a day? Even if someone somehow did, they will have problems with their wrists/fingers that they will need a lot more money to fix than they can get with mturk.

Done it plenty of times. My girl tells me how dedicated I am everyday, because not a lot of people can sit down at the computer for 24 hours straight like I can. hehe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast