I wanted to introduce myself (and CrowdFlower) to all the wonderful Turkers on the mTurk Forum. It's been a long time coming. CrowdFlower has been absent from Turk forums in the past due to our wanting to respect the users of those sites. We of course have wanted to give ourselves a voice, but felt like we might better serve your community by remaining absent. But recent communication I've had with liladybugz26 (and most recently with with RWStein) convinced me that it would be a good idea to provide a voice to CrowdFlower and allow Turkers the chance to engage with us in this venue. I hope that our conversations can be as helpful and constructive as possible. We'll still manage our support task support via our support forum at GetSatisfaction, but hope to be as engaged in this forum as possible.
CrowdFlower is always trying to make improvements to the experience of our Contributors. Unfortunately, as a small company with limited resources it can often take a frustratingly long time for those improvements to be realized. But we do have some exciting things coming down the line.
1) We're nearly finished with a complete redesign of our Contributor Task interface. We think the changes there will make the tasking experience much more intuitive and enjoyable. We've even been using Contributors during the entire development process, isolating a small group of folks to test and provide feedback on every feature before it gets released.
2) We're close to having new skills tests available to Contributors via their Contributor Dashboard. These tests will be used to identify our most skilled members and provide them exclusive access to higher paying tasks. These skill tests will also hopefully allow Contributors the ability to more easily identify tasks that are most suited to their interests.
3) Much like Mturk, CrowdFlower also has many requestors that use our software to create and release tasks. We know that some of these requestors have been posting some problematic tasks as of late. As a result, we're soon going to add some transparency into which tasks have been verified by CrowdFlower and those which have not reached that distinction. This will help us and the community to quickly identify any problematic requestors using our platform.
4) We're also about to begin a complete overhaul of our Test Question QA system. Our efforts should result in a MUCH improved QA system that doesn't needlessly reject good work and will hopefully lessen the frustration you often encounter in CrowdFlower tasks. I can talk more about that in the near future.
5) This month we plan to have our first ever Contributor Question & Answer Webinar. We want to provide a venue to answer Contributor questions directly as well as provide more transparency as to our process. If you've ever been interested in any of the ins and outs of our platform, this will be a great way to have your questions answered. If you'd like to submit a question for us to answer, please visit the link below:
Click Here to submit a question to CrowdFlower!
In short, we know there are issues with CrowdFlower tasks, but we really are making strides to improve the Contributor experience. And we certainly do listen to our Contributors and value all the feedback we receive.
Thanks! And it's good to be here.
Brian @ CrowdFlower