Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97

Thread: Answers for All of Your New User Questions

User
    Thanks

So I just joined this site, but looking at these sticky posts, many of them have loads of replies.

A couple questions. Do some of these techniques still work despite the fact that this topic was started years back? Where would be a good place to start reading from?

Is there a page or post that gets updated when things with mturk change that is easier for new mturk members to get started?

Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 61,046 Times in 26,605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pcdoctor View Post
    So I just joined this site, but looking at these sticky posts, many of them have loads of replies.

A couple questions. Do some of these techniques still work despite the fact that this topic was started years back? Where would be a good place to start reading from?

Is there a page or post that gets updated when things with mturk change that is easier for new mturk members to get started?
    Hi! Welcome. Yes most of the sticky posts are still good today. Not much has changed except for some new scripts that help people look for HITs.

If you have any questions, feel free to join us in the daily thread where people hang out, share HITs and chat.

User
    Thanks

Awesome thank you

User
    Thanks

Has anyone been banned and reinstated? I had a bunch of submissions rejected by Site Mechanics for criteria that was not listed in their posting. I emailed them every day for each rejection for the past two weeks asking them to reconsider and stating that they did not request such info in their posting. They never replied to any of my emails. Then I got banned from Turk a few days ago. I'm almost certain they complained about me because there's no other reason why I would be banned. I called 5 days ago and they told me that I would receive an email explanation why my account was inactive in 24 hours. Never happened. I called twice yesterday and both times, they put me on hold and then I got mysteriously disconnected. Same exact thing happened today. I called and got "disconnected" again today. On the second time I called, I told the lady that I kept getting mysteriously disconnected. She told me that if we got disconnected, she had my phone number and she would definitely call me back "you have my word." We got disconnected, and she never called me back as she promised. I take it this will keep happening with them hoping I will eventually give up? Anyone been banned and reinstated. It seems so cowardly of them to do it in this manner and all because I was unfairly rejected and just wanted one reply to my inquiry. Any advice would be appreciated.

Verified Leader

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BDelta View Post
    Has anyone been banned and reinstated? I had a bunch of submissions rejected by Site Mechanics for criteria that was not listed in their posting. I emailed them every day for each rejection for the past two weeks asking them to reconsider and stating that they did not request such info in their posting. They never replied to any of my emails. Then I got banned from Turk a few days ago. I'm almost certain they complained about me because there's no other reason why I would be banned. I called 5 days ago and they told me that I would receive an email explanation why my account was inactive in 24 hours. Never happened. I called twice yesterday and both times, they put me on hold and then I got mysteriously disconnected. Same exact thing happened today. I called and got "disconnected" again today. On the second time I called, I told the lady that I kept getting mysteriously disconnected. She told me that if we got disconnected, she had my phone number and she would definitely call me back "you have my word." We got disconnected, and she never called me back as she promised. I take it this will keep happening with them hoping I will eventually give up? Anyone been banned and reinstated. It seems so cowardly of them to do it in this manner and all because I was unfairly rejected and just wanted one reply to my inquiry. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Hello. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your account.

Yes there have been people that got their accounts back after being banned. Only thing you can do is just keep calling until you get some answers.

User
    Thanks

hi,
    i am a first time user of mturk. i am not used to html and have difficulties to design my hit. where can i find some help? can i pay someone to design my first hit?

Verified Leader

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huberius34 View Post
    hi,
    i am a first time user of mturk. i am not used to html and have difficulties to design my hit. where can i find some help? can i pay someone to design my first hit?
    to the forum!

You probably can get better answers at a requester forum regarding designing HITs. I'm sure someone can help you there.

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/forum.jspa?forumID=11

Good luck!

Thanks

How do I delete my Mturk Forum account? The Contact Us link down below leads to "Sorry. The email function has been disabled by the administrator."

Verified Leader

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MW5ZQYPEQ View Post
    How do I delete my Mturk Forum account? The Contact Us link down below leads to "Sorry. The email function has been disabled by the administrator."
    We usually don't delete accounts. There are alternatives. Check your inbox.

Everyone - Feel free to PM me for any issues or questions you have. I am the admin of this forum.
    Last edited by Flora; 12-09-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,424 Posts

nvm
    Quote Originally Posted by frogman31680 View Post
    Yeah, I really wanted to pump the number up on dick...

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97