Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of new HITs on labeling human pose in the images

User
    Thanks

Default Lots of new HITs on labeling human pose in the images

Hi,

I have submitted quite a few HITs on labeling body poses of people and we will add more HITs with this task in the future. Please take a look:

The groupId is 2F7PLSP75KLO22CULB8QMQVJRD9ZTA

Its a rather simple task that everyone can do. The default reward is 2 cents. Those people that are able to accurately complete the task will receive a qualification an an upgrade in payment.

I am also very interested in feedback regarding the labeling tool used in the task.

all the best,
    M.

2. Thanks: (2)
    User
    Thanks

You can also find the HITs by searching for
    "Label body parts of the person in the image" or "Max Planck"

Best,
    M.

4. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

Wait, so about 2 minutes of work for 2 cents? lol ok.

Thanks

Don't worry, if you do a great job you get a raise to .03 per HIT. That's about .90 cents an hour.

7. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

Ninety whole cents? Pretty darn close to irresistible...let's see; If I work on these for 3 hours I can buy a 4-pack of toilet paper. Oh no, wait..I've got enough for that in my couch cushions. Sigh...smh

9. Thanks: (3)
    User
    Thanks

Fair enogh

The key issue right now is the quality of labeling, the HITs have to be cheap because we have to average the results from multiple workers to get a decent quality. This is of course not fair to workers who try to do their best, but have to compensate for others that are not as careful.

We can definitely pay more for HITs, but can only do that for people that are careful and reliable.

I did about one hundred of our HITs to test the interface, and the average time per HIT is about a minute. I guess this requires a bit of routine, which you get after some time.

In any case, if you decide to invest more time in our HITs I am open to suggestions.

11. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I think I'd just prefer to pick cotton. The pay is better.

13. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,418 Times in 1,601 Posts

How about we offer him some constructive ideas rather than just offering rude and snippy comments about his pay rate? If people do nothing but complain like this when requesters post here, requesters will eventually stop posting here.

Generally, TurkPoseEstimation, work is only considered worth doing when you average about 10 cents a minute. Offering a task that takes two minutes and offers ten percent of that may not net you many quality workers.

You may want to consider increasing the rate for these HITs if you want to attract good workers.

15. Thanks: (26)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TurkPoseEstimation View Post
    We can definitely pay more for HITs, but can only do that for people that are careful and reliable.
    You could always set up a qualification test for the workers who are willing and able to do good work for you. You can weed out "bad" workers and make it so only those who meet your requirements can do the task. Then up the pay for those qualified workers and everyone's happy.

17. Thanks: (6)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admiraljohn View Post

Generally, TurkPoseEstimation, work is only considered worth doing when you average about 10 cents a minute. Offering a task that takes two minutes and offers ten percent of that may not net you many quality workers.

You may want to consider increasing the rate for these HITs if you want to attract good workers.
    At that pay rate, the only way you are going to get quality work is with a custom qual. No way is almost anyone, unless they are really poor/bored/bad etc gonna do this work they way it is!
    " It is not cost effective to respond to each and every inquiry or complaint; we're trying to be dirt cheap here, and I'm frankly paid too well to spend time on email. " :frusty:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast