Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of new HITs on labeling human pose in the images

User
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, I was originally very exited about the possibility to have qualification tests for the workers, but it turned out that the quialification tests do not support the "external question" type that I use to implement interface in this HIT. Take a look here:

AWSMechTurk/2007-06-21/AWSMechanicalTurkRequester/ApiReference_ExternalQuestionArticle.html

It says
    You can only use an external question as the question of a HIT. You cannot use an external question with a Qualification test.
    I might be mistaken at this point, and will need to dig more into this issue. For now I am thinking of granting qualification based on the current performance of the workers, and then paying more to workers with qualification.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admiraljohn View Post
    How about we offer him some constructive ideas rather than just offering rude and snippy comments about his pay rate? If people do nothing but complain like this when requesters post here, requesters will eventually stop posting here.

Generally, TurkPoseEstimation, work is only considered worth doing when you average about 10 cents a minute. Offering a task that takes two minutes and offers ten percent of that may not net you many quality workers.

You may want to consider increasing the rate for these HITs if you want to attract good workers.
    I get this thinking to a degree, but it is an insult that a requester knew they were paying at max $1.20 an hour and expecting quality. You have to pay for quality. Even if there was an incentive to get a qualification, I wouldn't touch these for less than .15, and that is if I am very bored (this hasn't happened in awhile). That is the reality. Most of us here give quality work, we deserve more for our time than this.

Qualification test is the way to go. Some requesters do a number of 0.00 hits and give out qualifications based on those results. This may be a better option for you possibly.

3. Thanks: (1)
    User
    Thanks

Alright, so following the discussion here we have a new policy.

The tasks for qualified users will be paid 10 cents per HIT. We also have a set of qualification tasks that are paid 3 cents per HIT. In order to obtain a qualification one needs to perform at least 25 qualification HITs correctly.

All the best and hope you enjoy working on our HITs. We are a research institution working on algorithms for computers to understand contents of images e.g. to make cars automatically recognize pedestrians on the street or cameras to focus on faces of people. We do appreciate your contribution.

5. Thanks: (2)
    User
    Thanks

Here are the links to the updated HITs,

Qualification task:
    https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?...WAINLWIOVAIH2D

Tasks for qualified users:
    https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?...78J54M1697IJOQ

7. Thanks: (4)
    Thanks

I think you deserve a lot of credit for taking another look at the pay rate on your HITs and setting up a qualification test.

9. Thanks: (5)
    Verified Leader

Thanks
    Thanked 53,828 Times in 22,312 Posts

Looks interesting. I am doing them now. I am finding that the blue font is hard to read against the black box and in the pictures too.

I did 25 of them. I enjoyed them once I got the hang of the instructions.
    Last edited by Flora; 03-30-2013 at 06:20 PM.

User
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,094 Times in 431 Posts

Thank you for coming here and communicating with us on a personal level. I appreciate the chance to help you in your research.

Would it be a possibility to get some sort of mid-review? I have read the directions thoroughly but I'm still not sure if I am doing the work to your satisfaction. Could you look at some today and approve or reject?

I see the auto-approve time on the qualification is 15 days. I would hate to have put forth all this effort for $0.75 and a chance at qualification only to get 25 rejections because I didn't quite understand.

12. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks

Ok, gave 30 of the quals a try. I know I did the first few wrong because I missed one of the items in the tutorial/examples. Now we wait and see if they approve in a speedy manor. At that time, I will decide if its worth it.
    " It is not cost effective to respond to each and every inquiry or complaint; we're trying to be dirt cheap here, and I'm frankly paid too well to spend time on email. " :frusty:

Thanks

Well I hope these quals will be up for a while. I'm far too chicken to do 25 hits with the risk of rejection and only 1 TO. Did two to see if they approve
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas save lives.

15. Thanks: (1)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,655 Times in 5,227 Posts

Thanks for being gracious and listening to the suggestions! I have done a few also but I want to make sure I am doing them correctly before I do any more.

17. Thanks: (1)
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast