Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: new program: mturk tray

User
    Thanks

Default new program: mturk tray

I have written a Windows program to help turkers work more efficiently. This took me about 2-3 weeks to write, test, and debug. I think it is now ready for general use. I created a YouTube video so you can see how the program works. Please try it out and let me know what you think. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

mturk tray website
    Youtube video demo

Features
    Easily copy your mturk ID into surveys

See which hits are assigned to you. A notification will appear for assigned HITs that are about to expire.

Keep tabs on your 10 most favorite requesters or HITs. A notification will appear as soon as these HITs become available.

Share great HITs with others by easily converting a HIT into a forum (mturkforum) friendly format. The forum entry will color coded keywords and qualifications. Instead of the TO being linked, it will be included.

2. Thanks: (9)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 927 Posts

Thanks for making that video.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/andylaws

Thanks

Thank you. I am looking forward to trying it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 772 Posts

Thanks very much for the program...I look forward to trying it. I do have a possibly silly question though. Can I be logged into Mturk in two browsers at the same time? I thought (for some reason) that was against Amazon's rules(?).

User
    Thanks

I can't give you an authoritative answer to this other than to say I have done it without any issues. I don't think you are allowed to be logged into mturk from 2 different IP address (aka locations) at the same time, but I think you can use multiple browsers on the same system.

-John

Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 772 Posts

Thanks John. As I said it was probably a silly question since you wouldn't have written the program to use IE alongside our choice browser if there would be a conflict but I tend to triple check things before I jump in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieblue View Post
    Thanks very much for the program...I look forward to trying it. I do have a possibly silly question though. Can I be logged into Mturk in two browsers at the same time? I thought (for some reason) that was against Amazon's rules(?).
    I've logged onto mturk with multiple browsers on multiple computers using separate IP addresses with no problems. Every time Delf batches show up I use 2 computers on 2 different IP addresses. I haven't had any problems.

User
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 649 Posts

Hey John,

thanks for making this program! I used it out tonight while working through a few batches. I did the auto-approval reload trick for the first time, so it was excellent to have a list of all my assigned hits on the desktop. I also added some of my favorite requesters and that feature seems to work well! A few questions: does changing check_hits_time in the config document change the time that the app checks for requester updates or also for assigned hits and expiration times?

The app crashed a few times when I was working on lots of HITs, but overall I think it's excellent. Great work .

Thanks

Default Source code

Quote Originally Posted by jft222 View Post
    I have written a Windows program to help turkers work more efficiently. This took me about 2-3 weeks to write, test, and debug. I think it is now ready for general use. I created a YouTube video so you can see how the program works. Please try it out and let me know what you think. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

mturk tray website
    Youtube video demo

Features
    Easily copy your mturk ID into surveys

See which hits are assigned to you. A notification will appear for assigned HITs that are about to expire.

Keep tabs on your 10 most favorite requesters or HITs. A notification will appear as soon as these HITs become available.

Share great HITs with others by easily converting a HIT into a forum (mturkforum) friendly format. The forum entry will color coded keywords and qualifications. Instead of the TO being linked, it will be included.

I just went through the youtube video..its really a nice application. Can you please share the source code?
    It's not who i am underneath, but what i do that defines me

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ubergrad View Post
    Hey John,

thanks for making this program! I used it out tonight while working through a few batches. I did the auto-approval reload trick for the first time, so it was excellent to have a list of all my assigned hits on the desktop. I also added some of my favorite requesters and that feature seems to work well! A few questions: does changing check_hits_time in the config document change the time that the app checks for requester updates or also for assigned hits and expiration times?

The app crashed a few times when I was working on lots of HITs, but overall I think it's excellent. Great work .
    My apologies for not replying sooner, but I have been busy working on a better version that should address some of the crashes. I am about to post a change log to the end of this thread. Please try the new version.

Modifying check_hits_time controls how often:
    1) favorite HITs are checked for
    2) # of assigned hits
    3) if an assigned HITs is about to expire

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast