Exclusive Assignment Offered By Mturk Forum: $20 Reward - Email mturkcowfin@gmail.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: **For anyone doing CROWDSURF**

Banned
    Thanks

Default **For anyone doing CROWDSURF**

Just a heads up to you. If you do a lot of Crowdsurf, I highly suggest you all go through and read the guidelines. If you already have, I suggest you do it again. Even if you think you are doing them accurately, there is currently a high percentage chance that you are not following their guidelines correctly.

I am pretty sure they are getting ready to shake things up quite a bit, and I have seen a lot of the work that has been coming in (not from the few random reviews that pop up), and about 75% of each video is just not up to an expected standard. I cannot go into exactly what I know, or any specifics, but if you plan to continue to do a lot of Crowdsurf work, you should really read the ENTIRE style guide.

Trust me, I can tell there are a lot of people that think they are doing it perfectly to a T. But I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that at least 75% of the work is pretty poor.

I know most people here don't care for me too much because of my outlook on certain things, but this is just a friendly warning. Just because all of your HITs are getting paid, and you are getting bonuses, does not mean you're work is of the quality that is expected/wanted. Trust me, especially with them having work up right now, if you plan to do more, I highly suggest everyone make sure you are doing everything correctly. It will make things better for them, and better for them means better for you.
    Last edited by turkimaniac; 04-10-2013 at 02:54 AM.

2. Thanks: (3)
    User
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip. I just noticed after reading your post the message regarding the scoring message on there interface. I am sure they are going to clean house with workers who are rushing through and not following the style. I have 3 qual's with Crowdsurf and I notice on the Full text reviews sometimes people will skip the stutter words, or the and, or the if's. I find that harder for me when I'm doing the Full text reviews because of the time involved putting all the stutters into the transcript. By the time a transcript get's to Full text reviews, it has already gone through the amazon review interface, and there should be no mistakes word for word. I can see grammar, or re-structuring the sentences, but that transcript should be word for word when it reaches the Crowd Virtualizer platform.

So, with that said, If Crowdsurf get's rids of the scammers who are rushing through to see how many hit's they can make in an hour to hit the $6.00 per hour mark, they deserve to loose their qual.

4. Thanks: (2)
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy doing these hits, so I will make a point of reviewing the style guide. I'd hate to lose this qual!

I do redwood hits too, and I sometimes forget what the rules are for each, since they are quite different.

User
    Thanks

They do tweak the guidelines now and then too.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssamcd View Post
    they can make in an hour to hit the $6.00 per hour mark, they deserve to loose their qual.

As many times as I often have to go through them to make sure I get them as perfect as possible, I have only made the bonus they sometimes put up once. Even when I do a lot of them. I'd like to get the reviewer status, but I still haven't. I don't know how many you have to do as well as possible to get it. I always read their little daily messages and try to make note of any of their changes of style. My score is in the mid 200s now.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ewd76 View Post
    As many times as I often have to go through them to make sure I get them as perfect as possible, I have only made the bonus they sometimes put up once. Even when I do a lot of them. I'd like to get the reviewer status, but I still haven't. I don't know how many you have to do as well as possible to get it. I always read their little daily messages and try to make note of any of their changes of style. My score is in the mid 200s now.
    Check your score again, I think they have lowered everyone's. Mine was near 400 and my score dropped last night to 90. I just checked now it's 94. 90 is the score required for doing transcription. I think there will be changes and a lot of new tasks coming out. Are you qualified to do reviews on the amazon platform or just transcription?

User
    Thanks

Check your score again, I think they have lowered everyone's. Mine was near 400 and my score dropped last night to 90. I just checked now it's 94. 90 is the score required for doing transcription. I think there will be changes and a lot of new tasks coming out. Are you qualified to do reviews on the amazon platform or just transcription?
    Just transcription. I'd like to do reviews. How do I check my score? All I know of is when I get the emails saying it's gone up or down. I haven't gotten any emails from them today. I've done two hits for them today. Both approved within minutes.
    Last edited by ewd76; 04-10-2013 at 04:35 PM.

User
    Thanks

Just transcription. I'd like to do reviews. How do I check my score? All I know of is when I get the emails saying it's gone up or down. I haven't gotten any emails from them today. I've done two hits for them today. Both approved within minutes.
    There is one hit up for 25 seconds of audio, click on that and look under your value. Your score should be their.

User
    Thanks

There is one hit up for 25 seconds of audio, click on that and look under your value. Your score should be their.
    I found the hit, but I don't see anything about value or score other than it has to be at least 90 to do the hit. Is it possible that they are doing this gradually and it just hasn't happened to me yet?

User
    Thanks

I found the hit, but I don't see anything about value or score other than it has to be at least 90 to do the hit. Is it possible that they are doing this gradually and it just hasn't happened to me yet?
    To the right of Qualified to work on Transcription Tasks is not less than 90. You do not have a value there? It should be under Your Value. Maybe like you said, they're doing it gradually.

You should also have reviews come up. The required score is 90.
    Last edited by ssamcd; 04-10-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast